About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

John Singer Sargent, Paul Helleu Sketching with His Wife

546 pieces, Heirloom Puzzles.  A new hand-cutter for me! These are small and well-formed pieces in two dimensions, but a noticeable amount of the time the cut wasn't straight up and down so that the pieces would only interlock if you put them together the right way; switch which was up and which down and there'd be no fit.  I liked the challenge in assembling the picture--the colors were subtle--but could have done with more up-and-down cutting.  4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment