About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, March 30, 2018

Untitled landscape

Unknown, 370 pieces (as marked on back of puzzle). This antique is cut much like another one I had from the same eBay seller a few months back, except that it has a bunch of very elaborate whimsies. The age and elaboration meant that there were some broken pieces, almost all of which could be glued back to at least an adjacent piece if not their original, but the real attraction here is the whimsies, which are older cartoon characters. I recognized Popeye and a few others, but certainly far from all!  Identifications welcome.


Popeye and his(?) dog




Why upside down, Google?

No comments:

Post a Comment