About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, November 7, 2016

A Plethora of Cats, Dr. Seuss, Liberty

545 pieces.  I think this might be the best Liberty I've done, certainly the best with standard pieces (instead of Nautilus or Butterflies by Alex Beard, which have unusual repeating patterns).  Partly this is about the visual interest of the picture, but also the pieces had a bit more complexity than the usual Liberty, not just with the Seussian whimsies but also scattered throughout.  For example, there are a few multi-piece constructions; I don't even know what all of them are.  And there are two multi-piece cats--or almost; there's almost a full outline of a cat and then it kind of melts into the rest of the puzzle, which feels thematically appropriate.  5/5

starting out

closeup on some of the Seussian whimsies

partially complete

closeup on the cat near-outlien

finished


No comments:

Post a Comment