About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, November 9, 2020

Escher, Drawing Hands

Optimago (?) private label, 600 pieces. I attribute these to Optimago because of the cutting style and because there's the occasional Optimago private label out there, but the box doesn't bear any attribution that I saw. This was the hardest of the Escher black and white puzzles I've done, and none were easy--a lot of similar textures. But one thing I learned was that, though you think the hands are very similar to look at, they are drawn quite differently, including in the angle--we are just so used to rotating objects in our minds that the two hands look a lot alike without close inspection. A very Escher lesson. 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment