About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Friday, September 22, 2017

LeColimaçon, Van Gogh

Vincent van Gogh, Bateaux de pecheurs, 488 pieces.  Every once in a while I think "that puzzle looks so cool, I will try it though it's push-fit."  I am wrong and need to be reminded of this.



2 comments:

  1. Found them. Thanks for the search link (with the cedilla). Artifact also has had this van Gogh Bateaux. Maybe I'll get to compare some day. I do see the frustration in push-fit when every interaction tends as much or more to push-apart than to push-fit. But I still like the challenge and the craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (It was actually Perec's little essay on jigsaws (Life A User's Manual) that made me aware of color-line in the first place, as far as French puzzle makers go...)

      Delete