About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

You'd Be Surprised

625 pieces, push-fit all the way (even around the edges!). According to the eBay seller, this puzzle was in an attic in Brentwood N.H., cut by someone with the initials W.D.G. in the early 1930s. It didn't look all push-fit in the box, but such is life. It was a worthy challenge; I'm not sure whether the background was always all one color or whether fading colors changed it, but it's definitely enough push-fit for me for a while. Still, its technical perfection for what it is makes me award it a 5/5.
starting out
frame
main figure
progress, rotated for some reason
finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment