About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Saturday, June 4, 2016

CreateJigsawPuzzles.com, Van Gogh

In wooden jigsaw puzzles more than in many other areas, you get what you pay for.  I ordered this puzzle (you can pick your own image as long as it has sufficient resolution; thanks, Wikipedia!) because of the temptation of 931 pieces for a comparatively low price.  This is thin wood, though the pieces are big enough that there's no particular reason to be concerned about parts breaking off unless you try.  It just doesn't provide the haptic pleasure of a thicker puzzle.  The laser cutting is loose--think Artifact, not Liberty--and a few pieces arrived not fully cut but separated easily.


The biggest challenge, interacting with the image I chose, was that the cut pattern repeats, making for some very difficult judgment calls and redos, though in the end I believe I got it done.  If you're the type of puzzler I am, this is the best reason to order.  That, and the ability to get a really big puzzle with the picture of your choice.  3/5

Full puzzle

No comments:

Post a Comment