About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Escher fish and birds

400 pieces, WallWoodWorks.  This is a solidly constructed hand-cut puzzle, with some nicely tricky bits based on the picture I sent (I'm a huge Escher fan).  I would say this is as good as any currently working sub-Stave handcutter. Priced at roughly a dollar a piece, so be prepared to pay for handcutting--as is entirely appropriate!  5/5

A few whimsies



2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, do you think whimsies make the puzzle easier? I'm sure they must make a puzzle more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I didn't get this comment until now! I think they can make them easier, but only if they make the corresponding pieces look unusual in some way.

    ReplyDelete