About my ratings

Perhaps because of my day job, I'm a tough rater. Everything 3/5 and above I consider worth the time and money. If I purchase on Etsy or a similar platform and the puzzle is as expected, I will give a top rating on the platform because of how seller ratings work, but here "as expected" is probably a 3/5 in most cases.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Zen Puzzles, Red Rose

327 pieces.  Laser-cut.  This was a tough one to evaluate--the central motif turned out to be essentially push-fit because it was different pieces of roses, and I'm not a huge fan of push-fit, but the shapes were beautiful and the ultimate puzzle overall was quite a challenge.  I ended up enjoying it but would have liked somewhat more interlocking in the center.  4/5

starting out

small whimsies

part of the central motif

close-up on the center

finished

No comments:

Post a Comment